James Worthington Get Healthy No Comments
Vetiver Essential Oil Benefits, Uses and Side Effects
Vetiver essential oil is produced using the roots of a grass known as Vetiveria zizanoides, a thick clumping perennial grass indigenous to tropical regions. Originally from India, Vetiver is now being grown in other parts of the world such as Angola, Argentina, Brazil, China, and Japan for the purpose of extracting its oil.
Vetiver offers the mind and body a variety of health benefits, due to its calming and nurturing properties. No wonder its called the Oil of Tranquility! This essential oil can also help strengthen connective tissueswhile restoring hormonal and emotional balance.
Vetiver Essential Oil Benefits
Vetiver essential oil boasts a number of medicinal properties, which include the following:
- Anti-inflammatory properties – Vetiver’s soothing effects are ideal for calming all kinds of inflammation, particularly in the circulatory and nervous systems. It is also a useful appropriate treatment for inflammation due to sun stroke and dehydration.
- Antiseptic properties – Vetiver essential oil has been known for stopping the growth of certain bacteria, most especially the ones responsible for sepsis. Applying this essential oil externally to wounds is very safe although it can also be taken orally. Vetiver is non-toxic and non-irritant.
- Aphrodisiac – Vetiver creates an aphrodisiac effect. It can help enhance the libido and awaken sexual feelings, making it a potent treatment for sexual disorders such as Hypoactive sexual desire disorder and impotence. It works by simply stimulating portions of the brain responsible for sexual desire.
- Cicatrizing properties – This accelerates the disappearance of scars from the skin by promoting the growth of new tissues. This is useful for eliminating acne scars, stretch marks, burns, and spots left by skin diseases and wounds.
- Nervine – This refers to a tonic that has a soothing or calming effect on the nerve. The essential oil of Vetiver has the ability to take care of the nerves, especially when damaged by trauma, fear, and stress. It helps relieve nervous disorders, epileptic and hysteric attacks, and neurotic disorders such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Sedative properties – The essential oil of Vetiver is an excellent sedative. It is useful for dealing with anxiety, restlessness, nervous irritations, convulsions, emotional outbursts, epileptic and hysteric attacks. This essential oil is also a great remedy for sleeping disorders.
- Tonic – Vetiver essential oil tones up every system of the human body. It works by maintaining the metabolic system, rejuvenating the body, and boosting the immune system.
The essential oil of Vetiver is popularly used in aromatherapy. It can be combined with other essential oils for custom therapy or utilized in a diffuser. Vetiver oil blends well with most essential oils particularly with grapefruit, lavender, and ylang-ylang. It’s perfect for warm baths. Simply add a few drops and you are sure to enjoy a soothing bath as it exudes its earthy, musty smell.
In general, Vetiver is perfect for easing deep-seated anxiety, depression, and other stress-related conditions. By serving as a ‘grounding’ agent, it can assist in bringing stability to weary individuals who are facing life’s challenges and adversities.
Vetiver Essential Oil Side Effects
Vetiver essential oil does not seem to produce any side effects, but like many essential oils, it is not recommended for use with pregnant women or children. Some essential oils may cause irritation or allergic reactions in people with sensitive skin so it is wise to do a patch test before using regularly.
>>Check the Latest Prices, Discounts and Reviews of Vetiver Essential Oil on Amazon Here<<