The Frankincense tree produces resin of various qualities, depending on climatic and environmental conditions. The harvesting period and the experience of the cultivator will have a bearing on the quality of resin. Throughout ancient times the complete tree was used. The underbark was a great dye for cotton clothing and the leaves were used as animal fodder. The flowers, the fruit, and the buds were all used as a tonic for cleaning out the digestive system and an antiseptic for the mouth.
Frankincense originates from Africa, India, and the Middle East and has been economically and socially important to these countries. For thousands of years Frankincense Oil has been an important ingredient in incense and many perfumes.
By tapping the Bosellia tree to obtain aromatic hardened gum resin is how Frankincense Oil is prepared. Frankincense Oil’s main component is boswellic acid, which is known to have anti-neoplastic properties.
It has been found that Frankincense Oil is able to suppress cancer cells viability. Studies have shown that Frankincense Oil when activated can induce cancer cell death in the bladder. In short Frankincense oil could be a much needed alternative intravesical agent in the treatment of bladder cancer.
Frankincense Oil Benefits
Frankincense Oil benefits you in many ways, more than many other natural oils. The chemical compound in the resin of Frankincense Oil AKBA (acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid), has cancer-fighting properties with the potential to destroy ovarian cancer cells.
Other benefits of Frankincense Oil include:
- Moods – Frankincense Oil is a great mood enhancer
- Skin– promotes skin regeneration while moisturizing.
- Removes Warts – removes warts and heals the area over time.
- Inflammation – Apply topically or put a few drops in a capsule and take internally.
- Immune System – Frankincense Oil will strengthen your immune system.
- Scar Tissue – Great for eliminating those ugly scars.
- Itching – Apply a couple drops of Frankincense Oil to the area.
- Pain– relieves arthritis and pain from injuries.
- Disinfectant– Great for cuts or scrapes, just by applying a drop of Frankincense Oil to the wounds to clean and disinfect them.
- Eases Labor – Apply to lower back to ease labor pain and the oil also has a calming effect.
- Insect Bites – Frankincense Oil helps to reduce swelling and speed healing.
- Enhance Visual Acuity –Over time you will see improvement to your vision.
- Concentration – Frankincense Oil is great for improving concentration.
- Brittle Nails – Strengthens nails and cuticles.
- Cysts – Makes your Cysts disappear.
Frankincense Oil Uses
Due to the anti-inflammatory properties, Frankincense Oil for centuries has been considered a folk medicine. The oil makes a great treatment for asthma, skin conditions, and gastroenteritis.
There have been studies that identified the oil as a potential use for many cancers like colon, breast and prostate. There also have been studies to show that Frankincense Oil seems to combat ovarian cancer as well. The best news is that they have been able to show the ability of the oil to combat cancer cells when used in late-stage ovarian cancer, which is so important due to the fact that ovarian cancer is often diagnosed late due to a lack of visible symptoms, making treatment and cure more difficult.
A few tips for use:
- For moisturizing and regenerating your skin, you can add a few drops of Frankincense Oil to your favorite hand lotions or apply the oil directly onto your palms and massage into your skin.
- Apply topically for wart removal; apply to the wart with a cotton ball a couple of times a day until the wart is gone.
- Apply Frankincense Oil around the eye area, specifically on the cheek bone and brow bone only to improve you vision.
- By applying 1-2 drops of on your temples and/or the back of your neck and rub in for a few minutes will increase you concentration.
- For an overall healthier mind and body, dilute one drop of Frankincense Oil in 1tsp. honey or 4 oz. rice milk and ingest daily.
- This is a long term-treatment for improving your peripheral Vision. Take one drop of Frankincense Oil in your palm, rub your palms together and cupped them over your open eyes for 3 minutes 2-3 times a day. Your eyes may water and/or tingle as the molecules of the essential oils disperse.