James Worthington Be Proactive No Comments
Create An Inspirational Workspace In 8 Steps
Believe it or not, environment can affect motivation. Ready to whistle while you plow through a ton of work? These eight design tips will help you create a workspace that inspires creativity and improves performance.
1. Let the sun shine in. Natural daylight and full-spectrum light both stimulate and boost mood. And proper lighting in a work environment lessens the risk of eye strain, migraines and headaches. Experiment with desk position, lighting control and window shades to create ideal light levels.
2. Play with sound. Do you work best while listening to music or a bit of background noise? Or do you prefer peace and quiet? Decide which sounds you find bearable — and cut out the rest.
3. Define your work area. Arrange furniture to make the most of the space and capitalize on operable windows and nice views (if you have them). And by all means, organize — an untidy and cluttered desk can distract and hamper productivity.
4. Experiment with color. Paint walls and hang pictures to brighten the room and boost performance.
5. Select a comfy seat. Choose a comfortable chair and synchronize your workstation and chair to promote proper posture, respiratory health and alertness. Concered about the health risks associated with sitting all day?Invest in a standing desk.
6. Find a place for the printer. To avoid distraction and time wasted in search of the right tools, keep task-related equipment and supplies at the ready.
7. Take a deep breath. If your office is located in the basement or lacks operable windows, invest in an HVAC system. Studies indicate that work performance is affected by indoor air quality.
8. Warm things up. Can you control the temperature in your office area? If so, adjust the thermostat; temperatures between 69 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit improve productivity.