- Walnuts and walnut oil are packed with omega-6 healthy fats that reduce blood pressure, allergies and other chronic health problems
- Fiber from Belgian endive keeps the gut healthy and supports heart health by lowering cholesterol and controlling blood sugar
- Vitamin C from lemon juice boosts immune health and prevents cancer
- Calcium from blue cheese improves bone health and reduces symptoms of PMS
10 Min Cook Time |15 Min Prep Time | Serving 6 |157 Calories per Serving
- 3 heads Belgian endive
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
What You Need
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Salad bowl
How To Make It
- Remove and discard any discolored outer leaves from the endive. Halve the heads of the endive lengthwise and cut out the bottom core. Cut vertically into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place the endive in a salad bowl. Toss with the lemon juice and walnut oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts and crumbled blue cheese and serve.