- The flavonoid quercetin, from apples, has anti-inflammatory benefits on the heart, reducing risk of heart disease and improving cholesterol levels
- Brie cheese is packed with essential minerals calcium, magnesium and phosphorus — all important for strong bones
50 Min Cook Time |10 Min Prep Time | Serving 20 |204 Calories per Serving
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (or fresh roasted chunky apple sauce made with Granny Smith apples)
- 2.2 pounds brie (an 8-inch wheel)
- 4 French baguettes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
What You Need
- Cutting board
- Serrated knife
- 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the Brie in half horizontally. Place the bottom half, cut side up, in a 9″ deep-dish glass pie plate. Pack the applesauce or roasted apples over the cheese and put the top half of the cheese back in place, cut side down. Press gently.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to bubble gently. Serve immediately with sliced French bread.